This recipe is super easy. Just put everything into the slow cooker and let it go! This recipe is great because there is no added oil. It tastes great on it’s own, or served over pasta. (for those staying away from gluten, there are many gluten free pasta’s available which are delicious.) Rosemary is a rich source of antioxidants, helps improve digestion, memory and concentration and prevents brain aging! For a balanced meal, serve with 3/4 Cup of brown rice or red potatoes.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausages, casings removed
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt to taste
- In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Crumble sausages over onion mixture. Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange in a single layer over sausage. Sprinkle with pepper. Pour in broth. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and cooked through when pierced.
- Transfer chicken to a warm, deep platter, and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to High, and cover. Cook, stirring 2 to3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes). Season to taste with salt. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Calories: 198 Protein: 27 Fat: 7 Carb: 7
With 3/4 Cup Brown Rice — Calories: 348 Protein: 30g Fat: 8g Carb: 39g
- Whenever making chicken or beef in the slow cooker or roasting pan, keep the left over drippings in the fridge and skim the fat off later once it has cooled down for rice!
- Check out this and other yummy, macro balanced meals with serving sizes outlined for a body fat reducing effect both for males and females in our 8 week plan with 100 meals and snacks EBOOK Finding Balance!
- Summer is coming, learn how to enjoy your meals while leaning out, no calorie or macro tracking required!
Your Friend in your fitness journey,
Passionate Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
Fitness Model and Designer of the FIT N FLEXIBLE The Sustainable Body Sculpting Coaching Program
International Natural Fitness Competitor